EMS/Fire Chief-Assistant Public Safety Director - City of Woodbury, MN
GovHR USA - Northbrook, Illinois
Apr 20, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- May 21, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$103,809 - $150,523 DOQ annual
Woodbury, MN (pop. 76,593). The City of Woodbury, MN established in 1967 is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of EMS/Fire Chief. With an estimated 2021 population of 76,593, Woodbury is the 8th largest City in Minnesota; and was named by Money Magazine as the 9th Best Place to Live in America (#1 in Minnesota).
The EMS/Fire Chief is responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Emergency Medical Service (EMS)/Fire Service Division of the Public Safety Department. With 60 years of service to the city and region, the combination department operates from four (4) fire stations with over 90 personnel providing over 5,000 emergency responses annually supported by an annual budget of $5.6 million. The EMS/Fire Chief works under the Public Safety Director and City Administrator and in collaboration with other city department directors, city, and regional partners.
In seeking to fill this position, the City is emphasizing an extensive background and experience in the EMS and fire fields as well as strong leadership and team building capacity. The following list provides the required attributes a candidate must have in order to be successful in working for the City of Woodbury:
- A bachelor’s degree in fire science, emergency medical services or a related field. A master’s degree or possessing the designation of Executive Fire Officer (NFA), Chief Fire Officer (CPSE) or similar certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience and demonstrated leadership in an EMS/fire service command position in a department of equal or greater size and responsibility.
- Current or previous certification as a firefighter and EMT required, current or previous paramedic certification preferred.
- Experience with fire inspection and prevention program management.
- An innovative, collaborative, and experienced EMS/fire professional with demonstrated EMS/fire leadership experience and successes who also excels in the areas of management, interpersonal communication, emergency management, community risk reduction, and customer service.
- Demonstrated success in the areas of team building and working within a combination department structure.
- Demonstrated ability to be objective, adaptable, and flexible along with being relationship oriented and can build trust with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Participative and engaging communicator that has the ability to bring fresh ideas to the organization, has a high-level of energy, with a versatile approach to interacting with the community, city officials, staff and other stakeholders.
- A person that understands the need for, and how to use, data for problem solving, community risk reduction efforts, and effective community education and engagement.
- The ability and desire to coach and mentor staff in order to foster personal growth and leadership talent.
The salary range for this position is $103,809 - $150,523 DOQ. A full benefit and retirement package is also offered by the city.
- Age: open
- Education: Bachelors degree
- Experience: Minimum 7 years
How to Apply
Candidates must apply online by May 21, 2021 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references at www.govHRJobs.com to the attention of John Storm, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: (847)390-9403. The City of Woodbury, MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.