Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Western Lakes Fire - Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Oct 15, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 30, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$55,962-$71,423 Depending on Qualifications annual
The Fire Commission, Fire Board, and Fire Chief seek candidates with high integrity, an entrepreneurial spirit, strong organizational and a commitment to excellence in customer service to serve as firefighter/paramedic. Firefighter/Paramedics are assigned to a particular shift and station and are critical to successful operations. The eligibility list will be maintained based on the number of successful candidates for an unspecified amount of time for current and future firefighter/paramedic positions with the District.
Successful candidates will minimally possess the following qualifications at time of hire:
• Certified Firefighter I and II
• Current National Registry or State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician—Paramedic
• NIMS ICS: (100, 200)
• A valid driver’s license (WI by time of appointment)
• Residence within 15 miles of District boundaries within six (6) months of hire
The Western Lakes Fire District, WI (pop. 48,500) is seeking progressive, experienced, Fire/EMS safety professionals with strong leadership skills for open positions with the District.
The Western Lakes Fire District, located in southeastern Wisconsin, is a consolidated Fire District that covers 215 square miles. The District operates and staffs six stations which provide fire suppression, res-cue operations, community education/outreach, and emergency medical services at the critical care para-medic level.
The District is a combination department comprised of 24 full-time personnel, approximately 150 part-time/paid-on-call personnel, and includes a robust intern program to augment the staffing. The District’s annual call volume of over 5,800 calls includes a mix of fire, emergency medical, specialty service, and high acuity incidents, increasing annually.
- Age: 18
- Education: See Description
- Experience: Previous Firefighter/Paramedic Experience Preferred, but not required. All are encouraged to apply!
++Required qualifications within one year include:++
• IFSAC/Pro-Board Driver Operator
• State of Wisconsin Critical Care Paramedic
• Certified Fire Inspector I
++Required qualifications within two years include:++
• IFSAC/Pro-Board Driver Operator—Aerial
• Fire or Emergency Services Instructor
• NIMS ICS: (700, 800)
• Continuing Education—Blue Card, COLA, and other job specific certifications
How to Apply
Interested professionals may submit a resume, cover letter, certifications, and contact information for five (5) professional references by midnight on Friday, October 30, 2020 to Chief Bradley Bowen at: email@example.com