Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory - Pasadena, California
Sep 12, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 30, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $$90,000 with build in overtime and benefits annual
++Probationary Firefighter – Starting Salary $90,000/year with built in Overtime Premium++
· 18 years old with a valid CA class “C” driver’s License
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Current - CPAT or Biddle Exam (within 12 months)
· NREMT or California State Registry EMT
· Firefighter 1 or Accredited Fire Academy
(CSFM, IFSAC or Proboard)
· Hazmat Technician or Specialist
· Firefighter experience or EMT experience.
· Rescue Systems
· Written exam
· Practical skills exam
· Oral interview
Firefighters are employed as federal contractors with Fiore Industries, a national aerospace and defense contractor specializing in protective services. Fiore offers a comprehensive employee package with competitive pay and benefits.
Candidates must achieve a minimum passing score in each test component to proceed in the hiring process. All candidates must pass a medical evaluation, comprehensive background investigation, psychological evaluation, be a U.S. citizen or proof of eligibility to work in the U.S., and must present proof of Covid-19 Vaccination. Eligible candidates must be willing to work a rotating schedule to include working during the day, night, weekends and holidays.
Job applications accepted at www.indeed.com
For more details email: Fire Captain Daniel Nicolalde email@example.com
*About NASA JPL Fire *
As an all risk fire department, Firefighters respond to fires, medical emergencies as well as technical rescues. Members are trained in numerous rescue operations from rope rescue systems, trench rescue operations, and confined space rescue. Additionally, department members train regularly as part of the JPL USAR team in staying ready for a large-scale disaster.
NASA JPL Firefighters are often called to assistance at our emergency landing facility. Firefighters quickly support rotary aircraft from surrounding agencies to battle local brush and vegetation fires.
NASA JPL Firefighters are trained to the highest level of emergency response to quickly and safely mitigate hazardous chemical spills.
- Age: No Restriction
- Education: California Fire Academy or IFSAC/ Proboard and California EMT or NREMT
- Experience: Firefighter and EMT experience highly desired