Applied Materials Emergency Response Manager III - (M3)
Applied Materials - Santa Clara, California
Jul 19, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 1, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Negotiable based on experience annual
The Emergency Response Manager leads the professional and volunteer Emergency Response Teams (ERT) for the company’s headquarters in Santa Clara and Sunnyvale (SCLA). This position will provide leadership and subject matter experience in support of Applied Materials’ Global Emergency Response and Business Continuity program. This position will collaborate with individuals from all departments to maintain and improve the existing ERT program to keep our assets safe.
- Develops and provides ERT training for medical and hazardous materials response to SCLA team members.
- Coordinates and monitors all project management activities to train new Emergency Response Teams (ERTs) as the company grows.
- Professionally interface with local outside emergency services, company management, employees, and ERT volunteers.
- Develops policies, procedures, templates, standards and documentation in support of the deployment, management and sustainability of the ERT program.
- Provides emergency response and preparedness training and awareness communication for employees.
- Develops and conducts emergency response exercises and drills.
- Conducts the preparation, management, organization, and implementation of short term and long-range Emergency Management plans.
- Ensures that all Emergency Management plans, activities, and operations are carried out in compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and laws.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the business processes, assets, facilities, responsibilities, regulatory requirements and interdependencies of the corporation.
- Performs regular reviews and updates to all program materials to ensure that the quality and accuracy of all program documentation is maintained.
- Performs continuous monitoring of program activities to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, cost reduction, and enhanced operational efficiency.
- Partners with the site EHS and Facilities teams to interpret requirements and prepare standards to maintain compliance with applicable fire protection and emergency response regulatory requirements.
- Supports the company’s crisis management and incident response teams with the coordination and execution of emergency response activities for actual incidents. This may require off hour or weekend work.
- Facilitates the completion of post-incident response reviews and partners with affected teams and site leadership to confirm that improvement opportunities are effectively deployed across the site in a timely manner.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Age: Must have authorization to work in the USA
- Education: BA/BS in Emergency Management, Business Resiliency Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) or related field. (Required). Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of experience in business continuity, emergency management, public safety or disaster recovery (Required). • Minimum of 5 years management and leadership experience
- BA/BS in Emergency Management, Business Resiliency Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) or related field. (Required). Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in business continuity, emergency management, public safety or disaster recovery (Required).
- Minimum of 5 years management and leadership experience of progressively responsible professional experience in Emergency Management or Public Safety (Required).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Required). Modern office procedures and computer software and equipment applications
- Candidates must have authorization to work in the USA (Required).
- Demonstrated cross cultural communication skills (Required).
- Professional certification (CEM, DRII or BCI) (Preferred).
- 1st aid and CPR required. Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) (Preferred).
- Knowledge of Federal and State safety and environmental-related regulations (Preferred).
- Incident Command System (ICS) course 100 and 200 required and on the job ICS experience (Preferred).
- California Specialized Training Institute (CSTI) Hazmat Technician or Fire Department Firefighter I (Preferred).
- Experience in semiconductor manufacturing environment or equivalent high hazard environment.
- Adaptable, innovative and detail oriented. Ability to resolve issues, partner with others and drive solutions that create win-win situations.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Background and training in chemistry, toxic gas systems and wastewater.
- Successfully complete physical examination as specified by Applied Materials prior to any offer (Required).
How to Apply