Signal Mountain Fire Department - Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Oct 15, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 6, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$32,025-$36,829 annual
Examples of Duties:
- Respond to medical emergencies and fire alarms; suppress fires of any type that threaten life and/or property; participate in search and/or rescue operations.
- Participates in training opportunities and physical fitness activities.
- Ensures the proper condition, maintenance, and appearance of apparatus and equipment; prepares apparatus for immediate response.
- Assists in completing and maintaining records related to personnel, incidents, and/or other related items.
- Drives emergency vehicles and operates related apparatus in order to respond to emergency calls and scenes.
- Participates in the daily functions of the fire station, which may include: housekeeping, cooking, making crew assignments, and/or performing other related duties.
- Participates in fire department programs, such as pre-fire planning
- Participates in and/or facilitates training sessions to the public on fire and medical related topics.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Fire suppression techniques
- Modern firefighting and rescue principles and tactics
- Emergency medical care
- Physical fitness principles
- Vehicle, equipment, and apparatus maintenance principles and techniques
Skill in :
- Providing emergency medical care
- Suppressing fires
- Using a computer and related software applications
- Maintaining vehicles, buildings, equipment, and apparatus
- Driving emergency response vehicles
- Conducting flow testing and service on hydrants
- Maintaining physical fitness
- Preparing and maintaining reports
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Age: Minimum 21 years of age
- Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Experience: See Below
Training and Experience:
- Minimum 21 years of age;
- High School Diploma / GED;
Must be met at time of application:
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License (Class D Endorsement F) or equivalent in state of residence is needed prior to employment
- State of Tennessee Certification of Firefighter I or equal (Pro Board or IFSAC)
- Tennessee Professional Certification of Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or Licensed Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or higher
Must be met within 2 years of employment
- TN Firefighter II
- TN AEMT
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS: November 6, 2020.
An application can be found at www.signalmountaintn.gov (appl. is under Employment Opportunity on the right) or call (423) 886-7075. The application, with copies of current certification(s) and a short resume can be submitted:
1) In person between the hours of 8:00 and 4:30, Monday through Friday at Signal Mountain Fire Department, 1111 Ridgeway Ave., Signal Mountain, TN 37377
2) Mailed directly to Signal Mountain Fire Department, 1111 Ridgeway Ave., Signal Mountain, TN 37377
3) Email to: email@example.com
4) Faxed to: 423-886-1608.