Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
St. Petersburg Fire Rescue - St. Petersburg, Florida
Apr 3, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 2, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$56,529 annual
Department Overview: St. Petersburg Fire Rescue is recognized by local businesses, residents, and regional fire agencies as a progressive, well trained and customer-centered fire rescue organization, which places a high premium on quality service. St. Petersburg Fire Rescue has an energetic staff at all levels of the organization who are dedicated to providing the highest level of service delivery possible. St. Petersburg Fire Rescue is consistently working to achieve the highest level of professionalism and efficiency on behalf of those it serves. St. Petersburg Fire Rescue has recognized that developing customer focus is an absolute necessity. Our workforce culture reflects a respectful team atmosphere that is nurtured by fair practices, open communication processes and up-to-date procedures that guide the decisions of our personnel. Our mission will be accomplished by a physically fit, healthy, and increasingly diverse work force, well trained in a multitude of specialized skills, and empowered with a high level of involvement in our success.
Currently Certified as a State of Florida Firefighter II
Currently Certified as a State of Florida Paramedic (National Registry Accepted)
If the applicant does not currently hold the two above requirements, the applicant will not be considered for hiring as a Firefighter/Paramedic.
This position requires FireTEAM and a valid CPAT through National Testing Network (NTN). DO NOT call the City of St. Petersburg or Fire Department for selection status. Please visit the SPFR website for FAQs regarding the hiring process.
Salary Information: 7 Year Step Pay Plan: Firefighter/Paramedic: $56,529 (Entry Level FY20) - $82,570 (Top Pay FY20)
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: See below
Valid FLORIDA State Driver's License : Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English : Yes
For this position, candidates must achieve a passing score on the video-based Fire Team test at ++National Testing Network.++
++A current CPAT and Fire Team test are required for this position. After scheduling their Fire Team test, candidates can schedule a CPAT on this same web site,++ www.NationalTestingNetwork.com
- Far visual acuity: Far visual acuity shall be at least 20/30 binocular corrected with contact lenses or eyeglasses. Far visual acuity uncorrected shall be at least 20/100 binocular for wearers of hard contacts or spectacles. Successful long-term soft contact lens wearers shall not be subject to the uncorrected criterion.
- Peripheral vision: Visual field performance without correction shall be 140 degrees in the horizontal meridian in each eye.
- Required to pass the Titmus II Color Vision test (ability to distinguish between red, yellow and green).
- Any recent or former history of ophthalmic surgery will require a medical clearance from the City of St. Petersburg’s medical provider.
- Any other eye condition that results in a person not being able to perform the essential job functions of a Firefighter, NFPA 1582.
Specific Disqualifiers/Behaviors : Felony, Criminal Activity Disqualifiers: Must not have any felony convictions. Must not have any misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude.
- Conviction or plea of nolo contendere of a felony, or conviction of a misdemeanor directly related to the position of firefighter, shall exclude an applicant from employment for a period of four (4) years after the expiration of sentence or final release by the Parole Commission unless the applicant, prior to the expiration of the four (4) year period, has received a full pardon or has had his or her civil rights restored. Where the sentence of an applicant is suspended or adjudication is withheld and a period of probation is imposed, the applicant must have been released from probation before being eligible for employment. See F.S. 112.011(2)(b) and F.S. 633.34(2).
National Testing Network Support