Rural Metro Fire Department - Sulphur, Louisiana
Apr 29, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 1, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$41-49 K DOQ annual
Job Functions include:
· Response to all fire, hazmat, rescue, and medical incidents within the facility as well as any mutual aid calls received.
· Operate emergency response equipment such as pumping apparatus, portable fire pumps, and response boats for river operations.
· Perform daily and weekly inventories, readiness checks, and preventative maintenance on all equipment under the care of Rural Metro.
· Maintain and inspect the facility’s fire water system, including isolation of leaks and reporting outages.
· Conduct monthly and annual inspections and maintenance on portable fire extinguishers, deluge systems, and safety shower located throughout the facility.
· Participate in monthly and annual required training, and maintain certifications throughout employment.
· Perform daily station duties, i.e. housekeeping.
· Climb ladders and stairs of various heights and designs while transporting rescue equipment, firefighting tools, and/or fire extinguishers.
· Work in potentially hazardous areas and during inclement weather.
· Work on or around waterways.
· Work is performed on a 12 hour rotating schedule from days to nights with a long break of seven (7) days, within a 28 day cycle.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school or equivalent
- Experience: 1 year +
· IFSAC, ProBoard, or DoD Firefighter I
· IFSAC, ProBoard, or DoD HazMat Awareness and Operations
· NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800
· Louisiana EMR or the ability to obtain within 12 months or hire
· IFSAC, ProBoard, or DoD Firefighter II
· NREMT-B or higher
· Driver Operator Pumper
· HazMat Technician
· Rope Rescue Technician
· Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
· Pass a pre-employment background check
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply at:
Location: Lake Charles.