Entry Level Firefighter/EMT & Firefighter/Paramedic; City of Troy, OH
Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Troy Fire Department - Troy, Ohio
Mar 31, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $53,107.07 annual
The City of Troy is currently building an ongoing eligibility list for Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic. A completed employment application must be submitted to the City of Troy Human Resources Department, City Hall, 100 South Market Street, Troy OH 45373 to be considered for this position.
The department requires the candidate PHQ. You can access the questionnaire through your candidate account. The PHQ should be completed as soon as possible to be considered further in the process.
Salary: Entry Level - $53,107.07, and after three years of service, salary would be $76,867.23
Area Information: Troy, Ohio is a unique, charming community of 25,000 residents with a reputation for friendliness and hospitality and a great pride in its history. It is located along I-75, 10 miles north of the I-75 / I-70 interchange. Dayton International Airport is just moments away. Population growth in the Troy area grew an estimated 15.8 percent from 2000 to 2012. Come explore Trojan hospitality!
- Age: 18 - 41
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: See below
Valid OHIO State Driver's License : Yes and an acceptable driving record
Ability to Read/Speak English : Yes
Academy Certification : State of Ohio Certified Firefighter II-Paramedic Certification card
Written Examination : Applicants must receive a passing grade of 70% or better on the firefighter-paramedic written examination. An applicant who receives a grade below 70% is not eligible for hire.
National Testing Networks administers the written examination. To register for the written examination, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com. The closest testing location to Troy is Edison Community College, 1973 Edison Drive East Hall, Room 456, Piqua, Ohio 45356.
National Testing Network Support
How to Apply
Schedule and take your test:
- Go to ++www.nationaltestingnetwork.com++
Search for jobs by profession: Firefighter
Select the agency you wish to apply for
- Schedule a Test at an NTN center
Application process :
- An applicant who meets all minimum requirements must submit a completed employment application (attached at the end of the application packet) to the City of Troy Human Resources Department, City Hall, 100 South Market Street, Troy OH 45373 by the closing of the application period. Applicants must submit copies of the following documents with their completed application: (a) applicant's birth certificate; (b) high school diploma or GED, and college degree, if applicable; (c) valid Ohio Firefighter II-Paramedic certification card; (d) DD214, if applicant is claiming a veteran’s credit; and (d) completed Personal History Questionnaire, which is available on the National Testing Network website.
- After reviewing the results of the written examination provided by National Testing Network, the Civil Service Commission will compile eligible applicant names into an eligibility list. The eligibility list will be in effect for a period of twelve months.
- At the beginning of the interview process, applicants must submit a current C-PAT (Candidate Physical Ability Testing) certification. Applicants also must pass a computer voice stress analysis (CVSA); reference, background, and credit check; and a psychological and medical examination (after conditional offer of employment)