Firefighter/Paramedic, Upper Arlington Fire Division
Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
Upper Arlington Fire Division - Upper Arlington, Ohio
Apr 1, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $$52,924.00 - $83,461.00 annual
Thank you for considering a career as a Firefighter/Paramedic with the City of Upper Arlington. The Fire Division provides fire-fighting, emergency medical, rescue, and hazardous materials response for the community. There are also a variety of non-emergency programs available to assist the public, including fire prevention, smoke detector service, blood pressure screening, carbon monoxide testing, fire inspections, station and truck tours, and public speaking requests.
The City of Upper Arlington’s is currently building an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Testing will be continuous and names will be pulled from the list as vacancies occur in the Fire Division. Candidates with the highest scores will be invited to participate in the next phase of the process. All applicants must register and take the exam through National Testing Network.
*****************PLEASE APPLY THROUGH NATIONAL TESTING NETWORK********************
Department Overview: Full time professional fire department providing all emergency response to the City of Upper Arlington, Clinton and Perry Township. Services include fire, rescue, emergency medical transport (paramedic), hazmat and USAR. UAFD also responds throughout the local area through automatic aid agreements.
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: See below
- Possess a valid Ohio driver’s license at time of appointment
- Possess a valid State of Ohio EMT-Paramedic certification or be enrolled in a local Paramedic Training Program at time of appointment
- Have an acceptable driving record. Charges of Driving Under Suspension (DUS), Driving Under the Influence (DUI), and/or Hit-Skip may disqualify the candidate from consideration.
- Not have been convicted of or admitted to the commission of a felony
- Not have been convicted of or admitted to a domestic related crime of violence
- Successfully pass the written Civil Service Examination at National Testing Network
- Meet stringent physical requirements that include, but are not limited to: vision correctable to 20/20, the ability to pass a thorough physical examination which includes but is not limited to a stress test, hearing test, and a drug screening test, and possess the physical ability and agility to perform the duties of a Firefighter/Paramedic, including passing a physical agility test.
National Testing Network Support