Entry Level Firefighter
National Testing Network - , Washington
May 19, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $$57,924 - $94,608 annual
The Colorado Springs Fire Department is currently building a list for an anticipated fire academy in February 2023 for the position of Entry Level Firefighter.
Candidates must have a valid FireTeam score uploaded to the department by August 31, 2022 at midnight.
CPAT certification and current EMT (Colorado or National Registry) certification must be uploaded to the department by August 31, 2022, at midnight.
To submit your certifications please visit the department’s website at (https://csfd.coloradosprings.gov/page/application-testing-process)
**Please note that the CSFD deadlines for the CPAT, EMT, and FireTEAM score is August 31, 2022 at midnight. If you do not meet this deadline you will be dropped from the hiring process immediately!
Salary and Benefit Information: https://csfd.coloradosprings.gov/page/firefighter-salary-benefits
- Age: 18+
- Education: High school Diploma/ GED
- Experience: N/A
- You must be at least 18 years of age by the date of hire.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Colorado State or National Registry EMT by August 31, 2022
- You must have a valid FireTeam score by the August 31, 2022 deadline.
- You must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) no more than 12 months prior to the August 31, 2022 deadline.
- You must be in appropriate physical condition to meet the medical standards established by the City of Colorado Springs Fire Department.
- You must be able to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- By the date of hire you must be a US citizen, permanent resident alien, temporary resident alien, applicant for temporary resident status, refugee, or asylee. All applicants that are offered employment must provide documents to establish their identity and employment eligibility for authorization to work in the U.S.
- You must not have been convicted of a crime that would affect your ability to certify with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). Visit the NREMT website at https://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/policy_felony.aspthat will preclude EMT certification
National Testing Network Support
How to Apply
To register with NTN and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select ‘Find Jobs’, then select Firefighter Jobs and sign up for Colorado Springs Fire Department.