Entry Level or Lateral Firefighter/Paramedic; East Pierce Fire and Rescue, WA
Firefighter/EMT (Basic or Paramedic)
National Testing Network - , Washington
Apr 5, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- May 10, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$85,740-$114,324 annual
East Pierce Fire and Rescue is currently testing for Firefighter/Paramedics. To be included on this eligibility list, you must complete your NTN testing AND application on https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/eastpiercefire by close of May 10, 2021.
Salary Information: $85,740-$114,324 base annual salary range per 2021 wage scale.
Benefit Information: This position is represented by IAFF Local 3520. Generous benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave
- Deferred Compensation
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Educational Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Enrollment in the Washington State Law Enforcement Officers and Firefighters (LEOFF) retirement system
- Medical Expense Retirement Plan and VEBA
Contact Information: Tanya Lynch Human Resource Manager 253-863-1800 firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Information: It is the mission of East Pierce Fire & Rescue to have exceptional people providing compassionate service and rapid response to our community's diverse needs.
The 153-square mile district delivers services to urban, suburban, and rural areas throughout Bonney Lake, Sumner, Lake Tapps, the Ridge Communities, South Prairie, Tehaleh, Edgewood and Milton. We provide fire, EMS, HazMat, technical, water and wilderness rescue to approximately 97,500 residents, along with BLS and ALS transport. We responded to 11,163 calls in 2020, and currently employ 87 Firefighter/EMTs and 53 Firefighter/PMs .
Age : 21
US Citizen : Legally authorized to work in the United States and able to present documentation of such
High School Grad/GED : Yes
Valid WASHINGTON State Driver's License : Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English : Yes
College : AA/AS Degree in Fire Science preferred, not required.
Academy Certification : National Registry or WA State Paramedic certification by August 1, 2021
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: No experience necessary
National Testing Network Support
How to Apply
To be considered in this testing process the candidate must complete an online application at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/eastpiercefire.
CPAT: Successful completion of the CPAT within six months prior to the close date of May 10, 2021.
WAQ: Candidates will need to complete the Work Attitude Questionnaire (WAQ)
To be considered a Lateral FF/PM, in addition to the requirements above, the candidate must:
- Be a member in good standing with a minimum of one (1) year field experience as a full-time career firefighter/paramedic by date of application (must have been employed within the last 6 months)
- Current Washington State or National Registry EMT-P certification
- Graduated from a CAAHEP accredited Paramedic Program. Visit www.caahep.org for a list of the accredited programs
- IFSAC Firefighter I and II certifications
- Must meet all minimum physical, medical, and suitability standards for firefighter
- Ability to complete a 12-month probationary period
Candidates receiving conditional offers of employment must:
Pass a medical exam and drug screening
Pass a psychological exam
Pass a background investigation and criminal record check
If you are seeking Veteran's Preference, you must provide East Pierce Fire & Rescue with your DD214 by the close of the testing period.
More Information : For more information about the department, position, and testing process visit our website at www.eastpiercefire.org.