CONSERVATION CREW SUPERVISOR 1 (Option B Fire Suppression)
Nevada Division of Forestry - Wells, Nevada
Jun 11, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Jun 30, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Pay Grade: GRADE 29 Salary Range: $39,943.44 - $58,380.48 annual
Job Title: CONSERVATION CREW SUPERVISOR 1
CONSERVATION CREW SPVR 3 - 60013593 Posting Close Date: N/A Location:
INDIAN SPRINGS, NEVADA, US, 89018 WINNEMUCCA, NEVADA, US, 89446 JEAN, NEVADA, US, 89019 ELY, NEVADA, US, 89301 PIOCHE, NEVADA, US, 89043 CARLIN, NEVADA, US, 89822
Requisition Id: 1610
Department: DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION & NATURAL RESOURCES
Division: DCNR - FORESTRY DIVISION
Business Unit: HR-FORESTRY CONSERVATION CAMPS
Work Type: PERMANENT
Pay Grade: GRADE 29
Salary Range: $39,943.44 - $58,380.48
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: JONI M ABRAHAM
Phone: 702 486-2900
Conservation Crew Supervisors supervise crews of Nevada Department of Corrections (NDOC) inmates and/or Nevada Division of Forestry (NDF) staff, maintain security, and provide training in equipment use and safety in completing projects in resource conservation and/or fire management.
This is an underfill for a Conservation Crew Supervisor 3.
The Division of Forestry's mission is to provide professional natural resource and wildland fire management services to enhance, conserve and protect forest, rangeland and watershed values, endangered plants and other native flora. The Division of Forestry has an unique partnership with the Department of Corrections to train and provide labor skills in natural resource and wildland fire management to minimum security inmates to help rehabilitate and reduce return rates. Under the supervision of the Conservation Camp Supervisor, this position supervises and directs up to 12 inmate crew members on natural resource conservation projects and wildland fire suppression incidents. Conservation projects can include, but are not limited to, timber stand improvement, timber harvest, insect and disease abatement, vegetative fuels reduction, tree planting, reclamation of wildfire damaged lands, riparian enhancement, watershed and range improvement, wildlife habitat enhancement, park maintenance, prescribed fire fuel reduction projects, and application of herbicide and pesticide for noxious weed and insect control.
We are hiring positions as the following conservation camps: Carlin, Ely, Humboldt, Jean, Pioche, and Three Lakes Valley.
++Position Description (cont.)++
Wildland Fire response can be required in and out of state for durations up to 21 days. NWCG qualifications are required to be obtained and/or maintained for the duration of employment commensurate with the level of Crew Supervisor filled. Conservation Crew Supervisors supervise and evaluate crew member skill levels; plan, assign and review work; brief crew regarding work requirements and processes, job hazards and safety standards; direct projects to ensure timely completion and production rates are met; identify problems and take corrective action; and ensure the custody and security of crew members. Crew supervisors also compile data and prepare records and reports related to project outcomes and accomplishments; equipment usage, maintenance and repair; and crew member evaluations, training and cohesion.
The selected applicant must pass the arduous pack test that consists of a three (3) mile walk, carrying a forty-five (45) pound pack within forty-five (45) minutes as well as a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
Positions in the Conservation Crew Supervisor - Option B will be enrolled into the Police/Fire retirement in PERS and will participate in the Heart and Lung bill.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-1_0/
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of general work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- Applicants for Option B: Fire Suppression, are required to pass a physical agility test prior to appointment and as a condition for continuing employment.
- Possession of a Class B driver's license with air brake endorsement is required within one year of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Positions within Option B: Fire Suppression, must pass a strict annual physical examination according to agency standards and to meet requirements of the provisions of the Heart/Lung Bills.
- All positions must obtain Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (CPR & AED) American Heart Association certification and a qualification of First Aid or higher certification during the probationary period and must maintain certification as a condition of continuing employment.
- Positions must obtain and maintain required qualifications within agency defined time frames as a condition of continuing employment.
- Incumbents employed at the Conservation Crew Supervisor I and II - Both Options, must initiate and successfully complete the required NDF or National Wildland Coordinating Group (NWCG) task books within three years of appointment, and as a condition of continuing employment, in order to progress to the next level in the series.
- Positions are required to work weekends and/or holidays and must be available for emergency assignments up to 14 days in duration.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, all positions in this class have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this class must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- Applicants are required to undergo a Nevada Department of Corrections (NDOC) background investigation prior to being considered for employment.
- Positions must complete a 40-hour pre-service training in supervision of NDOC crews after hire.
- Possession of a valid driver's license is required at the time of application and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas
This posting is for open positions at the following locations: You will be able to choose choose the location that you are interested in working from.
INDIAN SPRINGS, NEVADA, US, 89018
WINNEMUCCA, NEVADA, US, 89446
JEAN, NEVADA, US, 89019
ELY, NEVADA, US, 89301
PIOCHE, NEVADA, US, 89043
CARLIN, NEVADA, US, 89822
- Age: 21 and older
- Education: Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of general work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- Experience: Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of general work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
How to Apply
Copy and past the link below into your browser.