Texas firefighter hurt in SCBA accident
Swift water rescue team was filling raft with SCBA bottle to rescue dog trapped in creek
GARLAND, Texas — A Texas firefighter received a fractured skull from an accident with SCBA Saturday.
Firefighter Bobby Brinkley of Garland, Texas, was hit in the face by the air tank, according to MyFoxDFW.
Members of Garland's swift water rescue team were filling a raft with the SCBA bottle to rescue a dog trapped in a creek when the tank and raft became disengaged, causing the tank to shoot through the air.
After Firefighter Brinkley was transported to the hospital, the team completed the rescue.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze