Man fatally shot while firefighters battle house blaze
The burning home reportedly housed explosives, and the killed man refused to put his hands up when he exited the home
By Richard Brooks and Brian Rokos
The Press Enterprise
SAN BERNARDINO MOUNTAINS, Calif. — Deputies fatally shot a 56-year-old man while assisting firefighters in the San Bernardino Mountains during a blaze at a house they were told contained weapons and possibly explosives, sheriff's officials say.
The incident happened about 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12, in the 22900 block of Redwood Way in the Crestline-area community of Valley of Enchantment.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze