High winds force firefighters to cut training short
Crews were afraid that allowing exercises to continue could spread the flames and cause injury
By Alex Barber
Bangor Daily News
ETNA, Maine — Wind gusts cut a six-department fire training exercise short Sunday morning.
Fire crews from Etna, Plymouth, Stetson, Newburgh, Hermon and Levant took part in fire training at 289 West Etna Road, the site of a blaze that took place in July.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze