Firefighter dies in motorcycle crash
The firefighter was struck by a vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene
The South African Press Association
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — A man believed to be a firefighter was killed after the motorcycle he was travelling on was struck by a motor vehicle in Turffontein on Sunday night, Gauteng paramedics said.
"Paramedics arrived on scene to find that the man was not responsive and started with resuscitation. He was declared dead on scene," said Netcare 911 spokeswoman Santi Steinmann.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Firefighter dies in motorcycle crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze