Witness says she had to beg NFL star to save friend
Stacee McWilliams says she had to beg the football player to get his friend out of the burning car
By Jason Whitely
DALLAS — Stacee McWilliams said she came forward to set the record straight about what she saw Josh Brent do in the minutes after the deadly crash that killed his best friend and Dallas Cowboys teammate, Jerry Brown, Jr.
"He wasn't a hero and he wasn't trying to help this man," said McWilliams, 40.
The Irving woman said she was one of two people to pull up to Brent's overturned Mercedes minutes after the crash on the Highway 114 westbound service road early Saturday morning.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze