NM town's only 2 certified firefighters quit
They cited unqualified commanders for quitting
By Mike Bush
TORRANCE COUNTY, N.M. — These days, people who live in the northwest corner of Torrance County who experience a fire and call 911 for help may find themselves less than satisfied - maybe even devastated - by the response.
Fire District 2's only two certified firefighters have recently quit or been fired, leaving the area west and immediately southwest of Moriarty without an effective fire response team.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NM town's only 2 certified firefighters quit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze