West Webster firefighters laid to rest
Nearly 7,000 fire and police attend the two weekend funerals
The Toronto Star
WEBSTER, N.Y. — Mike Ogle knows all too well the anguish of attending a firefighter's funeral, but he said the first of two services for a pair of volunteer firefighters gunned down on Christmas Eve was different.
"It's always an emotional event," said Ogle, an executive officer with the Toronto Professional Fire Fighters' Association. "This was compounded by the way it happened . . . It's disgusting."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: West Webster firefighters laid to rest
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze