Man hit by subway after defecating between cars
A 50-year-old homeless man was also injured on the same platform in a apparently unrelated incident
By Simon Prokupecz, Jonathan Dienst and Tracie Strahan
NBC New York
NEW YORK — Police say a 31-year-old man defecating between cars on the uptown 6 train was killed when he fell onto the tracks and was struck by the train he was riding.
Witnesses tell police the victim had been defecating between the cars when he fell just after 4 p.m. as the train was leaving the 125th Street station.
In a separate incident minutes earlier across the same platform, police say a 50-year-old homeless man was seen climbing out of the Bronx-bound 5 express track, injured and bleeding.
Full story: Man Hit by Subway After Defecating Between Cars
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze