Calif. Gov. expresses sorrow for firefighter turned cop killed in line of duty
Officer Tonn previously worked as a New York firefighter and paramedic
By Christopher Simmons
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Calif. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today issued the following statement regarding the death of Galt Police Department K9 Officer Kevin Tonn.
"Anne and I are deeply saddened to learn of the senseless killing of Officer Tonn. We honor his sacrifice and service, and extend our deep condolences to his family, friends and colleagues."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze