Firefighter injured after falling through burning floor
The firefighter fell into the basement prompting a Mayday call
LINCOLN UNIVERSITY, Pa. — A Pa. firefighter and EMT was injured at a Wednesday morning fire after falling through a burnt portion of a floor.
Oxford Union Fire Co. Firefighter/EMT Timothy McDonnell was battling a blaze at an unoccupied Lincoln University building when he fell through the first floor into the basement, according to the Daily Local.
After falling to the basement, the engine lieutenant on the scene called an emergency Mayday and Firefighter McDonnell was evacuated.
Firefighter McDonnell received non-life threatening injuries and is in the ICU in stable condition.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but officials do not suspect arson.
- Fire Attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze