LODD: Md. fire police Capt. struck by car while directing traffic
Volunteer firefighter Capt. David R. Barr, 64, spent two weeks in the hospital before succumbing to his injuries
Duty Death: David R. Barr - [Perryville, Maryland]
The Baltimore Sun
BALTIMORE, Md. — A Perryville fire police captain, who spent the past two weeks hospitalized after a vehicle struck him while directing traffic at an accident scene, died Thursday.
The passing of Capt. David R. Barr, 64, was reported on the Facebook pages of his relatives and the Community Fire Company of Perryville.
His death was also reported on the Facebook pages of the Cecil County Fire Blog and the Cecil County Department of Emergency Services.
Read full story: Injured Perryville fire police captain dies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze