Firefighters rally behind 9-year-old boy with muscular dystrophy
Firefighters provide financial help and friendship to young Brendon
By Jennifer Meier
The Goshen News
GOSHEN, Ind. — Lisa Crawford wasn’t looking for a handout when she stopped by the College Avenue Fire Station last February. She wanted to let the firemen know about the upcoming Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Muscle Walk and hoped they might donate a little to help find a cure.
Ever since her 9-year-old son Brendon was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a 100 percent fatal disease, Lisa has been on a quest to see that a cure is found before she loses her son.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze