Firefighters cycling for cancer research
The N.Y. firefighters are joining a national effort, Cycle for Survival, to raise money for cancer research
By Samantha Kramer
The Daily Greenburgh Voice
EDGEMONT, N.Y. — Fighting fires isn't enough for members of the Greenville Fire District, who plan to take on an even bigger battle this March: cancer.
About half a dozen Greenville firefighters will join hundreds of others for a nationwide relay cycling event called Cycle for Survival to raise money for cancer research. Greenville firefighter Stuart Evans has led a team in the event for the past three years to help his friend Jennifer Linn, who co-founded the event with her husband, Dave, in 2007.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Firefighters cycling for cancer research
- Health & Wellness
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze