Restaurants help raise money for fallen Ohio firefighter
For every pint of Old Firehouse poured, they donated $3 to Patrick Wolterman's family
BLUE ASH, Ohio — Firehouse Grill and Old Firehouse Brewery held a fundraiser Thursday evening for Patrick Wolterman, a Hamilton firefighter killed in the line of duty late last year.
Both the restaurant in Blue Ash and the brewery in Williamsburg were founded by former firefighters. The day after Wolterman died, they decided to hold a fundraiser for his family.
Unfortunately, they said, it's the third time Old Firehouse has been part of such an event in the past year. "If I would have been hurt or God forbid killed, I would hope that someone would do this for my family," Adam Cowan of Old Firehouse Brewery said. Firefighters typically aren't the best-paid guys, so talk about a labor of love — you do it because you love the job."
- Line of duty death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze