Firefighters battle plastics warehouse fire
Firefighters make defensive attack on the abandoned warehouse
By Mike Morris and John Spink
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — Atlanta firefighters continued to work Monday morning to douse a large warehouse fire that broke out more than 14 hours earlier.
The two-alarm blaze broke out before 5 p.m. Sunday in the 1300 block of Mayson Turner Road, in an “extremely large warehouse being used for storage of a lot of recyclable products,” Atlanta fire Battalion Chief Todd Edwards told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
“The problem we’re encountering now is that there’s a lot of the roof still intact so we’re having a hard time getting down on top of the actual items that are still burning on the inside,” Edwards said at 7 a.m. Monday.
Full story: Atlanta firefighters battle warehouse fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze