LODD: NY firefighter dies after collapsing during hazmat call
David Jahnes was responding to a call about an odor at a bank when he suffered a heart attack
Duty Death: David Jahnes - [Nyack, New York]
By FireRescue1 Staff
NYACK, N.Y. — A firefighter died Monday after suffering a heart attack during a call.
Nyack Volunteer Fire Department firefighter David Jahnes, 50, responded to a call at Chase Bank about a hazardous odor when he collapsed and died later, according to the Clarkstown Daily Voice.
The hazardous odor at the bank turned out to be an overheated battery in the alarm system.
No other details have been released. We will update you when more information becomes available.