Hazards and Hazmat
FULL LIST OF Hazards and Hazmat RESULTS
Use the ERG with all intermodal container incidents–
When encountering a container such as this, use the Emergency Response Guidebook to help you deal with the container.
Recognize Risk Factors–
Exposures occur in several forms and by several routes. Respiratory exposures occur because firefighters remove breathing apparatus without knowing airborne hazards exist...
Guidelines for responding to a radiation emergency–
There are times when a first responder must treat a patient who has been exposed to or present amid harmful radiation. To aid responders, the EPA has issued guidelines for responding to these emergencies...
Wildland urban interface hazards–
Firefighters in the wildland urban interface may encounter hazards other than the fire itself, such as hazardous materials, utility lines and poor access.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- Detroit firefighters wreck fire truck during joy ride
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus