Fla. firefighter dies in station
Fellow firefighters tried to resuscitate Lt. Mark Morrison before he was taken to hospital
Duty Death: Mark Morrison - [St. Lucie County, Florida]
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — A fire lieutenant in Fla. died at his station Sunday night.
Firefighter Lt. Mark Morrison, 53, a 25-year veteran of St. Lucie County Fire District, was found unconscious by fellow firefighters. They tried to resuscitate him before he was taken to the hospital.
"This is a very sad day for all of the St. Lucie County Fire District family as we lost one of our own," Fire Chief Ron Parrish told TCPalm. "Mark was a committed firefighter and officer. He was a mentor to those who served with him and a friend to so many."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze