4 fire departments respond to resort fire; 1 firefighter treated for chest pains
About 75 firefighters battled the oceanfront resort fire
By Taylor K. Vecsey
The East Hampton Patch
EAST HAMPTON, N.Y. — Though firefighters made a quick stop on the fire at the Sea Crest oceanfront resort in Amagansett on Wednesday morning, flames heavily damaged four condos on the first and second floors, according to Amagansett Fire Department Chief PJ Cantwell.
One firefighter, a volunteer with the Montauk Fire Department, complained of chest pains and was transportedat to Southampton Hospital, at about 8 a.m., Cantwell said.
Montauk's Second Assistant Chief Dutch Riege, who was one of the first on scene at the fire, said the firefighter was stabalized and transported to Stony Brook University Medical Center.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze