Philly firefighters, paramedics join online health program
The 10-week online program is developed by a local cardiologist that combines heart health, diet, exercise and stress reduction
By Stacey Burling
The Philadelphia Inquirer
In his 27 years as a Philadelphia firefighter, Joseph Finley has known quite a few coworkers who've had heart attacks on the job.
He also knows he's not on the healthiest path. Just shy of 6 feet tall, he weighs 265 pounds. He's taking medicine for high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze