RI fire captain dies after on-duty injury
Captain David Mowbray had been on medical leave since suffering a broken back earlier this year
NORTH KINGSTOWN, RI — A R.I. fire captain died Saturday after falling ill.
North Kingstown Fire Department Captain David Mowbray, 52, was a 25-year veteran of the department and was on medical leave after suffering a broken back earlier this year, according to the USFA.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
Funeral services are scheduled for Tuesday.
Donations may be sent to the North Kingstown Fire Fighters Scholarship Fund in lieu of flowers.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze