Firefighters honored for saving woman in full cardiac arrest
The woman had no vital signs and was unresponsive when firefighters arrived on the scene
By Megan Gray
THE COLONY, Texas — "This isn't good." Those three words were the last thing Jackie Harris' husband, Mike, heard her say before she collapsed over breakfast on Aug. 5, 2012.
"I caught my wife before she hit the kitchen floor and dialed 911," Mike Harris said as he retold the story of how The Colony Fire Department helped save his wife. "She went into complete cardiac arrest."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze