Member Commenting Policy for FireRescue1
Commenting Policy for FireRescue1 Members
Our websites for first responders and security professionals are committed to delivering expert content, mobile solutions and online tools to help keep organizations, citizens and communities safe and secure. We encourage our readers to comment, share information, provide feedback, and engage in conversations that are respectful, opinionated, and facilitate learning within the industry.
We recognize different points of views can lead to discussions and debates, and ask that our readers maintain a civil environment when responding to an article, column, social media post, multimedia or any other online content.
Readers should follow their department’s policy about posting comments to any website or social network while using department equipment or while on duty.
We reserve the discretion to remove comments that contain:
- Language that is harmful, threatening or hateful to others, including advocating or directly threatening violence against others
- Obscene, indecent or profane language
- Hate speech, including racial and ethnic slurs and discrimination against sex, sexual orientation, age, religion or disability
- Obvious trolling or spam
- Personal attacks on another person or impersonation of someone else
- Promotion of commercial enterprises
Individuals who post these types of comments will be warned. FireRescue1 reserves the right to immediately suspend individuals, without warning or explanation, from the site who have excessive or egregious violations.
Thank you for taking the time to read this comment policy, and we look forward to seeing an active exchange of conversations and ideas.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Customer Service.