Battalion chief fired over sick leave abuse in Nevada
She is the second firefighter to be terminated in Clark County
LAS VEGAS — Clark County Fire Department Battalion Chief Renee Dillingham has been fired for allegedly abusing the sick leave system.
Clark County Commissioner Steve Sisolak is leading the fight to expose the costly scheme by a group of 15 to 20 firefighters.
"It should assure the taxpayer that we take this behavior extremely seriously, and we're going to continue to pursue it," he said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze