Firefighters give 'no confidence' vote to chief in NM
Sixty-four percent of firefighters who voted had no confidence in the chief
The Albuquerque Journal
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Albuquerque Fire Chief James Breen received a "no confidence" vote from two thirds of city firefighters who cast a vote in the labor union action Thursday.
Of the roughly 600 firefighters who comprise the department, 340 voted, said union President Diego Arencón.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze