Entire Ky. department quits
Firefighters demanded that County Fire Board's members step down; when they refused, firefighters resigned
NICHOLAS COUNTY, Ky. — Nicholas County no longer has a fire department.
All 13 members of the department resigned Thursday night after months of tension and disagreement with the County Fire Board.
At the meeting, firefighters demanded that the board's members resign. When the board members refused to step down, the firefighters resigned.
Full story: Nicholas County Firefighters Quit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze