Hong Kong fire service considers reducing hours firefighters work
One plan calls for reducing the work week from 54 hours to 51 hours
The Tendersinfo News
HONG KONG — It made the pledge in response to media enquiries on a public procession by the Hong Kong Fire Services Department Staffs General Association today.
The department does not oppose gradually reducing firefighters' working hours in line with the Government s policy on working hours.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze