Video: Thief steals from Philly firefighter benefit
Thief stole items donated to raise money for families of 2 fallen firefighters
By Jeff Gelles
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Philadelphia police are searching for the thief who stole items donated to raise money for the families of two firefighters killed Monday when a five-alarm blaze engulfed a vacant building in Kensington.
The theft was caught on surveillance video Friday night as firefighters and others crowded the SmokeEaters Pub on Frankford Avenue after viewings for Lt. Robert Neary, 59, and Firefighter Daniel Sweeney, 25. The men were killed when a wall collapsed onto an adjacent building from which they were fighting the fire.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze