City tries for $2M federal grant to reopen fire station, rehire firefighters
Without the grant, budget cuts and union concessions could have the station open in 2013
By David Benda
The Record Searchlight
REDDING, Calif. — Redding officials could learn whether they got the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response grant by the end of the month.
Station 2 has been closed since early 2011.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze