NH town 'scrambling' to cover firefighter overtime expenses
Voters defeated warrant article that would have increased overtime appropriation, allowed for hiring of 4 additional firefighters
By Dana Wormald
The Union Leader
LONDONDERRY, N.H. — With low staffing levels an ongoing problem for the Londonderry Fire Department, funding for department overtime expenses will have to come from alternative sources, town officials said Monday night.
Earlier this spring, voters defeated a warrant article that would have increased overtime appropriation and allowed for the hiring of four additional firefighters.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Labor Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze