Union critical of plan to close London fire station
The move would put lives at risk, union reps say
The Hampstead and Highgate Express
LONDON — Lives could be put in danger across the borough if Westminster fire station closes as part of a cost-cutting exercise, a Fire Brigades' Union chief is warning.
Westminster station in Greycoat Place, Pimlico, is one of 17 stations earmarked for closure on a list leaked to the BBC.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze