911 tapes from 140-car Texas pile-up released
Victims begged 911 operators for help
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Texas — Police have released the 911 tapes from the chaos during last week's Thanksgiving 140-car pile-up in Texas.
In the tapes, a woman can be heard begging the 911 operator for help, saying that she was still getting hit while on the phone.
Foggy conditions are being blamed for the massive wreck that killed two people and sent 90 more to the hospital.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze