IAFC President John Butler – “the chief of chiefs!” – joins Better Every Shift this week, talking all things leadership, including why the adage “It’s lonely at the top” has never applied to him. In addition to his superpower of always seeming calm, cool and collected, the Fairfax County fire chief has a knack for being able to spot talent and knows how to surround himself with passionate people who support the mission and the organization.
Plus, we dig into all this:
- IAFC presidency and priorities – “the clock is ticking”
- How Butler refuels his energy supply
- Realizing we don’t have to solve everything today
- Don’t miss the story of firing his brothers!
Butler’s book recommendations:
- “The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive” by Patrick Lencioni
- “Board & CEO Roles for Achieving Association Goals” by David A. Westman
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. You can also follow the show on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts. And email email@example.com to share your feedback!