Jason Patton: ‘Nothing comes natural to me at all’
The first firefighter-influencer of the modern era shares how his early speaking nerves transformed into a love of making comedy videos
Grab yourself a caffeinated beverage because today’s podcast features high-octane firefighter Jason Patton, perhaps the first firefighter-influencer of the YouTube viral video era – a familiar face to any firefighter not living under a rock. Patton reveals his favorite Fire Department Chronicles video to film, the call that made him laugh the hardest (and later served as great material for a video), plus the video that put him on the map.
Plus, we get into all this:
- His best advice for firefighters getting into the social media space
- How he chooses his passion projects
- “Micro-dosing happiness” and his go-to stress reliever
What else …
- Don’t miss: The hilarious story of his first attempt to teach a CPR class
- Episode power quote: “One of the biggest lessons I had to learn in life is everything cannot be zero or 100. You have to find moderation, even if it’s 30 seconds.”
- Hot seat sneak peek: A recent moment of frustration – and why $250 isn’t that much in context
Resources we mentioned on the show
- Fire Department Chronicles
- Fire Department Coffee
- Banyan Treatment Centers
- The Leary Firefighters Foundation
Connect with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback!
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts.
Improve the safety and effectiveness of your department and personnel with an online training solution from FireRescue1 Academy. Access more than 1,000 courses and videos, including more than 440 hours of approved EMS CEUs. With FireRescue1 Academy, training can be delivered during in-service, field training or in a self-paced format. SCHEDULE A FREE DEMO NOW!
Request info from Lexipol