‘Royal Rumble’ of firefighter fitness: Zam goes head-to-head with Dan Kerrigan and Jim Moss
‘Pull up your jogging pants and take some notes’ because the three fitness experts offer actionable tips for health in the new year
On this episode of the Better Every Shift podcast, Zam joins forces with fellow firefighter fitness experts Chief Dan Kerrigan and Captain Jim Moss, authors of “Firefighter Functional Fitness,” to offer actionable tips for health in the new year – and non-fitness-guru Janelle learns that even experts need help from time to time. Plus, all this:
- Why mindset is the first piece of the health puzzle
- How smartphones impact firefighter health
- Who said it? “I crush ice cream and tequila like nobody’s business, and I gotta stop.”
What else …
- Don’t miss: A simple pro-tip for hydration
- Hot seat sneak peek: What music the experts listen to during workouts
- Episode power quote: “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford via Jim Moss
(And please forgive our fidgety pen-clicking energy!)
Resources we mentioned on the show …
- “Firefighter Functional Fitness” (book)
- FirefighterFunctionalFitness.com (website)
- Fire Rescue Fitness
Connect with us!
Email email@example.com to share your feedback!
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts.
Improve the safety and effectiveness of your department and personnel with an online training solution from FireRescue1 Academy. Access more than 1,000 courses and videos, including more than 440 hours of approved EMS CEUs. With FireRescue1 Academy, training can be delivered during in-service, field training or in a self-paced format. SCHEDULE A FREE DEMO NOW!