Recently retired firefighter rescues girl from burning home

Kevin Scott was passing by the home when he saw the fire and learned a child was inside


By FireRescue1 Staff

BATON ROUGE, La. — A recently retired firefighter saved a young girl from a burning home after happening to pass by the fire.

WBRZ reported that a house fire was caused by a faulty refrigerator, and as the family was fleeing the home, the girl tripped and fell, according to Baton Rouge Fire Department.

When Kevin Scott learned the girl was still inside the home, he ran inside and rescued her.

The home was heavily damaged, but no injuries were reported.

 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Quiet Warrior

Sponsored by

Copyright © 2018 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.