Officer, firefighters pulls two victims from fiery wreck
Just as he was pulling the two people out, firefighters stopped to help as they were returning from a conference
Phil Witkewickz, a member of the Wisconsin State Police, was on his way home from a hunting trip when he spotted a plume of smoke coming from an accident on the side of Interstate 90 in Wisconsin.
The off-duty officer rushed over to the car to find two people trapped inside. He then smashed open the windows and pulled each of the two victims away from the burning wreck to nearby safety, saving them from a potentially fiery death.
But the couple's good luck didn't end there.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze