Firefighters rescue woman impaled on fence
The rescue was made more difficult by the closeness of the spikes
The Dominion Post
AUKLAND, New Zealand — Firefighters used power tools to free a woman impaled in the thigh by two metal spears on a church fence.
Emergency services were called to Pitt St in central Auckland about 5.15am yesterday after the woman became stuck on a fence at Pitt St Methodist Church.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Firefighters rescue woman impaled on fence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze